Oiling Tascam 244 motors

Jonk

Does anybody know where exactly to put oil in the motors. The bottom pic has my 3 fingers pointing to the capstan motor (looks like there's a little slot on this one marked "F?"), idler motor, and the control motor?

Also, second question. When greasing up the control machanism gears I lifted up the white flywheel (with smaller gear underneath), and I'm pretty sure the big black gear was rotated a bit. Now the teeth are obviously not in the same spots they used to be. I didn't think it was much of an issue until I realized the black gear is connected to a potentiometer. (See the top photo) Transport seems to be working okay now that I have the right idler tires in there (Faucet O Rings, yay!) So, I'm not sure if this is a problem?

Anyway, I was just concerned that the pot is possibly now in the wrong position? I'm wondering if this has something to do with Dr. Zee's photo tutorial of the control mechanism here: http://www.mzentertainment.com/pics/teac_244/dr_zee_workshop_tascam_244_project_part5.jpg The location of my black wheel when I press play is definitely not in any of the positions in the DR. Zee photos. Hmmmmm

Attachments

• IMG_3602.JPG
    IMG_3602.JPG
    252.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3603.JPG
    IMG_3603.JPG
    260.7 KB · Views: 14

I don't think you need to lube the motor or pulleys at all.

The black gear connected to the potentiometer should reset itself at power up. As long as the heads deploy all the way up and retract all the way down, you're okay.

:spank::eek:;)

Back