Oh The Moral Implications,..

Am I cheating my Fans / Listeners

• Yes, Music should be played through with all the little mistakes left in. It gives Character

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Yes, But Punching in is acceptable practice and will not be noticed by 99.9% of listeners

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Not really, Your using loops which are commonplace in modern music.

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • No, Loops and quantizing to make the song better, does exactly that, your making it better.

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
zebra%20lion.jpeg

Reactions: PDP
QUOTE=Supercreep;3591803]If the moon was made of pizza, what are the moral implications of you having a slice?[/QUOTE]

Will they deliver?

mooninite.jpg[

Last edited:
It takes 10 mins to learn how to loop somthing, or cut and paste, but it takes many years to learn the craft of playing an instrument.

Like anyone who can read and write can be a best selling novelist... Although there is some spam software now that can write almost intelligent things.

Sure we all want to give our time and efforts to the folks WITH talent. But the work to be had, the work that pays the bills is making someone who's not that talented (but has money) look good. (or ourselves look bad). It's not about talent anymore, it's about who's the offspring of someone else who had talent. Or who looks hot. Or it's a movie to make tourette's guy appear to not have tourette's. Or make someone with marginal talent look like a pro who's been at it since birth. Even though they didn't know what it was or that it existed a year prior.

if you need to ask if something is moral or not, it's probably not. If it's morally right, there's no doubt that it is.

Playing devil's advocate here -- because I believe I do know what you're saying and for most practical purposes agree -- but I would argue that because morality is more nebulous than most people are willing to admit, it's not as cut & dried as you propose. If you need to ask if something is common sense or not, it's probably not...but unless you subscribe whole-heartedly to some didactic religious authority, morality can be much more situationally elastic than dogma would indicate.

Back