Oh man, need help bad

Flash

Hey guys, I finally got my computer running again. Last night I moved my Cakewalk directory from C:\..... to E:\.... which is my Scsi hard drive. It was getting late so I turned every thing off. Today I come home and thought all I had to do was edit my icon to goto E:\cakewalk\Sonar 1\sonar.exe
I get a error message "unknown error in sequencer DLL......
Have I messed everything up?
Also, I noticed that I have 10+ GIG in Wave Data... I listened to some of them and they seem to be just parts of songs. That's half of my hard drive. How do I get rid of them? Do I create a bundle file for the song and then clean it? Any help please..... thanks

O.K. I'm feeling better. Options are good....:D Change wavedata folder... Saved my life.
Now, I want to create bundle files for the songs I want to keep, and delete all other songs and wavedata files. I'm looking though the manual now. Anyone done this?

O.K. created the bundle file. Now how do I delete the song?
Help please, been looking for awhile. Thanks

I would create your bundle files, test them all and delete the project files. Then use the CLEAN AUDIO FOLDER command to clean the audio data directory.

Q.

How to delete project files

Qwerty, that's what I can't find. How do you delete the whole project after creating the bundle file?

Close Sonar and delete them manually from Windows explorer.

As long as you have working bundles, then you are safe to delete the .CWP file manually.

You then use the CLEAN AUDIO FOLDER command to safely remove the orphaned .WAV files.

Q.

I recommend that you use the Cakewalk Audio Finder. You'll find it on your Sonar CD...

If you only have a default install with the one wave data directory, and you were not using Per-Project audio folders then there is no advantage in running CWAF.

Q.

moskus, thanks for the tip. I never loaded it from the CD. Seems to work O.K. :cool:
Qwerty, I think you could be right also. CWAF does work though, so I probably use it.
Another question...... I want to burn the CWB to a CD. Once I do that... I can delete the bundles from my HD right? I've only done 4 songs so far and it will cleaned up 1.5 GIG. Thanks again.....

Flash said:

Another question...... I want to burn the CWB to a CD. Once I do that... I can delete the bundles from my HD right? I've only done 4 songs so far and it will cleaned up 1.5 GIG. Thanks again.....
I would double check the file on the CD before deleting it.
There probably is better way,but here is how I would do it.
Burn the file to disk.
Load the file from the disk to a seperate directory spot,say to the desktop.
Open the file from that spot,double clicking should do it.

If it opens okay,you can delete both the old file and the "test" file.

O.K. I've been working on cleaning this drive up, lots of hours.
I still have lots of wav files in my wave data directory in CW.
The wav files are from songs I know I put in bundle files, and deleted the songs. I've ran clean audio disk and CWAF and these files are still there. Should I just delete them manually?

Back