Oh Happy Day - New monitors

Middleman

Professional Amateur
Finally upgraded from my M-Audio SP5Bs with a subwoofer to the Event Precision 8s. Thought I would share..

Attachments

• Image01.jpg
    Image01.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 96
Middleman said:
Finally upgraded from my M-Audio SP5Bs with a subwoofer to the Event Precision 8s. Thought I would share..

I've got the SP5Bs now (no sub).

It'll be interesting to see how you feel about the bass response of the new monitors after you've done a few mixes. I need to trade up too; haven't decided what to get though.

I have the Event SP8's also. They sound great.

Previously I had the samson 65a's with a sub and the SP5Bs with a sub also. Since I got the Event Precision 8's I find that I no longer need the sub.

Yes, I will do a review in a few days of the two systems. I need to put some hours in at this point to understand the new image and the differences.

I agree the sub is not needed with these. Clarity in that range is well defined. Front ported speakers, gotta love em.

Cool stuff! I got my Wharfedale 8.2As today and I'm a smilin'! Just popped in to mention how happy I am with them and saw your thread and thought I'd say congrats.

It's a good day :)

dxl said:
i had these before, just wana tell ya,
you are placing them a bit too close ^_^"

I agree. I find that having them further back from my head makes a big difference.

Yes, this was for the picture and because I just wanted to check them out. What you can't see here are the new monitor stands, still in the box, that I have not set up yet. They will be outside the desk to the sides when I am done.

Last edited:
^_^ hope you like these after you fully understand them~
if your desk is the the middle of your room it will be even better!

Back