Oh crap......

JazzMasterWil

My brother and I were just doing some recording. He was working my mixing board...... To make a long story short.... He peaked out one of thoose little gauges that has a needle. (It's basically an overload gauge).

Anyways, the needle is stuck all the way up and it won't come back down (so obviously it's not working). Is there anything I can do?

*I've tried the following things*
-Turning all the trim knobs and sliders back down to zero
-Cutting the phantom power off
-Cutting the whole unit off and back on

None of that worked.

Could anybody give me any type of suggestion about this?

maestro_dmc said:
Whack it with a hammer?

That's not going to help..... although my brother did think of that.....

.....I knew that he couldn't press record and play at the same time without breaking something...... I've learned my lesson as far as "please help me although you have no idea what you're doing"......

.....I even said "watch the overload" and he did watch the overload (on the recorder, that's worth a lot less than the mixer).....

Here's a pic of the damage.

https://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c233/JazzMasterWil/rec008.jpg

Go back to the company that made it and get a replacement VU meter. If it's fried, you will need a new one.

And don't let your brother in the same room as your gear anymore....

Rokket said:
And don't let your brother in the same room as your gear anymore....

Now that is some good advice! :D

He means well but some times I think my dad paid all that money for him to go to college for no reason. ;) The guy's working on a p.h.d. and he doesn't know how to turn a kick mic down.....

Anyways I don't really think sending back to E.V. is an option. I'm not sure if they even still around. And I'm not the orginal owner.

I guess I could take it up the amp shop and see if he can fix it, but my mixer is a far cry from a marshall head that needs re-biasing.

:mad: :mad: crap crap crap crap crap :mad: :mad:

'Whack it with a hammer aside', maybe a few light-to-medium taps with something like a screw driver handle just in case it's just stuck?
Wayne

EV is very much still around. Their testing facilities are about 15 minutes from my house.

I had a chance to tour there with my AES group, and that was blast to see how speakers are tested.

Yo WillMasterJazz:]

Take a small magnet and place it over the needle and see if it will pull the needle down.

I don't know if this will work but it's worth a try.

Green Hornet :D :cool:

Thanks for the suggestions guys! :D

It's good to know that E.V. is still around.

And seriously, just lightly tapping it may work. It looks like it came down a little since last night (thank god), so maybee there is still hope.

And a magnet is simply brilliant. I have an old junk speaker laying around with a big sqaure back. And if that doesn't do it, I have several welding magnets.

:D :D :D :D :D Thanks a lot guys. :D :D :D :D :D

Back