Offering temporary alternative for NWR

christiaan

Since NWR is having its problems, I'm temporarily offering webspace on my server for anyone who wants to post his or her songs on this forum.

FTP: ftp://homerecording:dotcom@westwood.keyserver.org/www/songs/

Another way to upload is this page: westwood.keyserver.org/cgi-bin/tools/uploadsong.cgi which is even a bit easier to use than FTP. I think it's self-explanatory.

Songs will be stored here: westwood.keyserver.org/homerecording/songs/

It's not ideal. All songs will land in one directory, anyone who wants to be bad can overwrite other's songs but I trust you all. Abuse of any kind will result in an IP ban, it's as simple as that.

This service will be temporary just until NWR gets its problems sorted out. If you encounter any problems, please PM me and I'll sort it out a.s.a.p.

Last edited:
That's a very generous and cool offer. Now I'm going to dedicate the next 3 hours of my life to figuring out how to do this, lol.

Okay, it didn't take me long to hit the first wall, lmao.

Here's what I got when I clicked on the first link.

Attachments

• warning.jpg
    warning.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 75
I can't get there either... :(
Could be my connection problem, I'm behind firewall/proxy... Does it matter ? :)

could be. anyway, you can use any ftp software to connect to the server.
server: 130.161.67.34
user: homerecording
password: dotcom
then go to /www/songs and upload your song(s) there.
If you keep having problems, just use the other link that I've posted.

I'm trying while replying...

Actually, I didn't mean to post anything by now. Just to chek it out.

Thanks for your help, christiaan :) I think that will mean alot for us while NWR is being fixed :)

What OS are you using, Chris? It doesn't seem to be Windows. If so, I think the problem lies there. Not your fault. Just something I didn't take into account. I write these scripts myself.. I'll try to figure something out.

Windows ME

It's just a different browser. I'll change the file name and try it with Uncle Bill's Internet Extractor, lol.

Oh, and trust me, Christian...it's my fault..lol. In my post where I said I'd spend the next 3 hours working on this, it's b/c I know me...if there's a way to screw something up, I find it EVERY time. I actually rent my services out to troubleshooting firms b/c I find 9 out of 10 pitfalls w/o even trying...it's a gift, really.

It appears that Waldo fixed NWR. Works fine again.
Oh well, I had fun. :) I'll leave everything like it is for the time being.

HAHAhahah...well, cool...it gave me something to do besides record, right?

Seriously, very cool offer, Christian. Thanks for taking the time. Oh, and which one of the 4 mastering jobs sounds the best to you? (don't say #1, there's no bass in it, lol)

You're a good guy,
Chris

I don't have a decent set of monitors so take this with a grain of salt.
The 3rd and 4th sounded better than the first two to my ears because they're brighter. 4th seem to be a bit smoother than the 3rd. So I guess I like the 4th best.

YMMV, I hardly left the first block yet.

Back