Odd unwanted frequencies

dirtynho

Hello
I have recently changed my windows version from xp to windows 7 and have also changed my graphics card. Before doing this I could record without a problem, but now, when I establish an audio input into my DAW for recording, even if I have no cable connected, I get an annoying overall frequency that can't be heard over the speakers until I play the recording back. It's like the ususal hiss sound, but it is to the left of the spectrum where it is most pronounced.
I have installed different audio drivers only to encounter the same problem. I am no longer able to record songs as I would like to because I now have this unwanted hiss I just can't get rid of unless I equalize the input to eliminate it, also eliminating some frequencies I wouldn't like to.

Attachments

• freq 1.png
    freq 1.png
    26.2 KB · Views: 27
  • freq 2.png
    freq 2.png
    208.9 KB · Views: 27
  • freq 3.png
    freq 3.png
    266 KB · Views: 27
Are you using yoru computer's OEM soundcard? If so, that's the problem - these cards are made with about $0.69 worth of components and the A-D converters, while fine for games and computer 'beeps and boops' are not good for audio recording.

I believe this could be so... I'll have to call my shop and ask them what they did sound-wise, I'll contact back later!

Back