Ocd

Listening to this song some more...

Holy crap! I love it!! ENCOURAGE THESE KIDS!! This is some good stuff. Serious.

Listening on Pc speakers, and nothing jumps out at me. The only thing that jumps out is the great mix and great song;)
These kids have something going on, very very nice. The beginning seemed reminiscent of some Radiohead stuff.
This song would be way cool if there was some tastefull noise added for spacey magnificent soundscapes.

Mike

Post Shearing! helloooo.
Nice capture & mix.
The sustained bass notes in the intro seem to wobble a bit - could be the streamer or is it affected?
Nice song - nice ideas though there's no musical representation of OCD though.
Nice build with textures & the violin (?) is a nice touch - if it had a few atonal moments or phrases I'd be happier.
Nice bass tone matey. Reminds me of the bass on Ian Hunter's All American Alien Boy.
Well done all 'round.

Listening on Pc speakers, and nothing jumps out at me. The only thing that jumps out is the great mix and great song;)
These kids have something going on, very very nice. The beginning seemed reminiscent of some Radiohead stuff.
This song would be way cool if there was some tastefull noise added for spacey magnificent soundscapes.

Thanks Mike!

Mike

Post Shearing! helloooo.
Nice capture & mix.
The sustained bass notes in the intro seem to wobble a bit - could be the streamer or is it affected?
Nice song - nice ideas though there's no musical representation of OCD though.
Nice build with textures & the violin (?) is a nice touch - if it had a few atonal moments or phrases I'd be happier.
Nice bass tone matey. Reminds me of the bass on Ian Hunter's All American Alien Boy.
Well done all 'round.

Thanks Ray!
I can't for the life of me figure out why the bass is wobbling in the beginning. I think it's something in the original recording... that somehow his bass was swelling/wobbling like that.... I have no idea why/what. I've compressed the dog pooh out of it and it's better than when I started, but not by much. I'll have another look at it. Maybe there's something I missed.
Yes, to me.... it sounds more like LSD than OCD... but I'm an expert on neither.... :D
Yep that's a violin. Pretty creepy/sleepy/dreamy sounding, I know...
Bass tone is the line output of a newer Ampeg SVT, the rack mounted one. I think the may call it a "pro."

Peace!

~Shawn

Bass guitar sounds like it's out of tune...
On the spacey guitrar part it sounds out of tune too...nowhere else though...
Vocals are very modern sounding (tone and phrasing)...
Overall a good full mix, with good panning on the percussion...
Nice reverb....:cool:

Bass guitar sounds like it's out of tune...
On the spacey guitrar part it sounds out of tune too...nowhere else though...
Vocals are very modern sounding (tone and phrasing)...
Overall a good full mix, with good panning on the percussion...
Nice reverb....:cool:

Thanks Ido!!
Maybe the bass was out of tune, and that's where the wobbling is coming from!!!

modern floyd/radiohead/incubus... pretty bad ass. very nice mix as well. ;)
Thanks Money!

It should be CDO. Because it's in alphabetical order like they should be.:)

.........................:D

Almost sounds like Autotune clamping down on the bass part there at the beginning. Not sure what's causing that waffly thing. You can tell the singer and/or composer has heard Dave Matthews in his/their day...

These kids are really good though. Tight, clean, no fighting through the dissonance, they just embrace it. Gosh, this is some serious talent. Nice that it waits till almost halfway through to establish the key. I love doing that. Lots of subtlely in the arranging and some nuanced playing in the percussion and bass player's areas...

Man, I'm really impressed with this material!! The longer you listen the better they get!!

That ride cymbal has such dimension, you really did an outstanding job capturing it!

Standing O for the kids, they are really terrific!!!

You did a fine job with them, too!!

Cheers,
Phil
www.llarion.com

Wow-- downloaded that one. My two older kids listen to the Decemberists, the Shins and stuff like that, and I bet they'll love this (like I do). Does the band have a website or anything?

Almost sounds like Autotune clamping down on the bass part there at the beginning. Not sure what's causing that waffly thing. You can tell the singer and/or composer has heard Dave Matthews in his/their day...

These kids are really good though. Tight, clean, no fighting through the dissonance, they just embrace it. Gosh, this is some serious talent. Nice that it waits till almost halfway through to establish the key. I love doing that. Lots of subtlely in the arranging and some nuanced playing in the percussion and bass player's areas...

Man, I'm really impressed with this material!! The longer you listen the better they get!!

That ride cymbal has such dimension, you really did an outstanding job capturing it!

Standing O for the kids, they are really terrific!!!

You did a fine job with them, too!!

Cheers,
Phil
www.llarion.com

Thanks Phil!

Wow-- downloaded that one. My two older kids listen to the Decemberists, the Shins and stuff like that, and I bet they'll love this (like I do). Does the band have a website or anything?

Here ya go:
http://www.avienne.com/
http://www.myspace.com/aviennemusic

Back