OC703 in Canada

Milkman

Hey Everyone,

I've been reading a bit about acoustics on SAE and other sites. I notice I have a lot of "standing waves" in my basement studio (if you can call it that). The room is about 15 by 20, drop down ceiling and carpetted. I notice that if I drag a snare drum into the middle of the room and play a bit, there are all kinds of nasty echos coming off the walls. There are also many rattling pipes and stuff.

What I'm wondering is...

Will a couple bass traps/hi+mid trips around the room help this? Also, do these traps have any value in diminishing the actual volume of sound that escapes the room? (My sense is, not much.)

And the real question...does anyone know any dealers/distributors that sell OC703 in the Toronto area?

Thanks.

Milkman said:
And the real question...does anyone know any dealers/distributors that sell OC703 in the Toronto area? Thanks.
I don't know about Toronto, but at least these guys are in Canada: http://www.ofigroup.com/. Their OFI-48 and OFI-64 seem to be a lot like OC-703 and 705 (at least on the spec sheets).

HeyHeyMyMy said:
Beautiful, Etobicoke works just nicely. Thanks!
I picked up some sheets at glass cell isofab (etobicoke) just a week ago and have 3 sheets of 2 foot by 4 foot 2" OFI48, if anyone is interested in purchasing my 3 leftover 2 inch thick sheets (purchase price about $40) Email me at scott@soundresolve.com

Thanks

Milkman said:
I notice that if I drag a snare drum into the middle of the room and play a bit, there are all kinds of nasty echos coming off the walls. There are also many rattling pipes and stuff.

What I'm wondering is...

Will a couple bass traps/hi+mid trips around the room help this?

of course. if its mostly the nasty echos you are noticing, the hi/mid traps will be what you want. however, you should also do some bass trapping because most rooms out there can benefit from it. even if you havent noticed anything yet, im sure there are plenty of low frequency peaks and dips that could be helped with bass trapping.

Back