Nuendo\SX3 Rewire problem

raven46

I've never tried to use rewire with either of these two progs before, I would usually just use Reason for messing about with weird sounds. I picked up Abbey Road Refill the other day and its great, I would love to be able to use this on my tracks.

I found two really good tutorials of how to rewire Nuendo on you tube, to be honest it dose'nt look that difficult, but when I open Nunendo select Reason from the device set-up a pop up list of 64 channels appears and I select 1 and 2 (left and right), then a Rewire track appears. I drop down Nuendo to the task bar and go to open Reason but all it dose it freeze, no matter how long I leave it.

If I close Reason and unselect rewire in Nuendo and close it. Reason opens and works fine.

This is so weird, the same thing happens when I try it with SX3. I can't understand why Reason will not open once I have made the rewire changes in Nuendo.

Any help would be greatly appreicated.

TIA

I hav'nt figured this out yet, best info(or so I thought) that i found thru google was on another forum from a few years back. Was to uninstall all my progs related to rewire and reinstall them as I would be using them(As I had Reason installed first then Waves then Nuendo). I also found out that my Waves plug-ins might have something to do with it.

I uninstalled Nuendo, Reason and Waves, reinstalled them in the correct order. Before I reinstalled Waves I tried to rewire Nuendo and Reason but no joy. I also downloaded an update from the Propellerhead website and still no fuckin joy, so I said fuck its just another one of those bitchs life throws at you I guess

The next thing I will do is buy a Reason 4 update and see if that might help it. I'm forgetting about this rewire shit untill then because my head is burned out from trying to sort it out.

On a side note.... And I guess a new thread could be started about this but I could'nt be arsed. I was reading a post earlier about that guy having trouble
deciding which Waves plug-in to use for his rap vocals, anyway this question is for Massive and the others who feel Waves isin't all that good.

What is the problem with Waves and if its as bad as ye guys say, why dose it cost so bloody much?

Also I realise a good tracked track will not need plug-ins but if ye guys do reach for a plug-in which ones are they in general?

I've only got Power which is seriously cheaper than Mercury, and even though I used them sparingily I think they are great. To my unprofessional head the sound friggin fantastic.(Mabey thats the key:D)

Is the negativity against Waves just sour grapes because mabey like our buddy in the other thread there are so many people pirating software and as one of ye stated that ye have X amount of friends that have Waves and only a tiny percentage had a licence? Ya know I just did'nt read any justification in that thread as to why ye thought Waves was not all it was made out to be.

I'm in the process of saving up for one of the other Waves bundles. I don't want to part with my cash on something when ye guys that really know what ye are doing perceive it as bad!!

I just want to know what ye pro tech guys don't like about Waves and what plug-ins do ye choose instead? What would ye recommend instead Waves?

Shit, after typing all that I hope some of ye guys will read this especially those like Massive and Co. that replied to the other Waves thread. Mabey I should have started a new thread afterall :rolleyes:

I just want to know what ye pro tech guys don't like about Waves and what plug-ins do ye choose instead? What would ye recommend instead Waves?

I'm certainly not a pro and so take this with a pinch of salt, but I had a play with some of the plugins at a friend's studio and found them to be 'usable'. He had the SSL channel strip plugin and a few of the popular ones he'd purchased seperately and they were good, but nothing special and I'd say they certainly didn't seem worth the price-tag.

If I had the money I'd probably invest in UAD plugins... but I don't, so for now I'm happy with my massive collection of free plugins which so far haven't seemed to hinder me in any way.

Hey Matt thanks for your input. UAD plug-ins look impressive and the price tag relative to Waves is even more impressive.

Would you mind putting up a link to those free plug-ins?

Yea, the UAD plugins look nice and you only ever really hear good stuff about them. Once I've got a bit more cash I'm going to be really tempted! :)

I've been collecting the free plugins for ages. There are some surprisingly good ones out there which can work really well...

I use the blockfish compressor a lot (it doesn't look like much, but its really versatile)...
http://www.digitalfishphones.com/main.php?item=2&subItem=5

Endorphin is a variation on a multi-band compressor which is quite good for fattening things up...
http://www.digitalfishphones.com/main.php?item=2&subItem=3

Bittersweet is a 'transient designer'. Not quite as good as the UAD SPL emulation, but still very usuable...
http://www.fluxhome.com/products/Freewares/bittersweet2

The free plugins from Reaper aren't too shabby!
http://www.cockos.com/reaper/reaplugs/

I've found myself using the free blue-cat EQ too...
http://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Product_TripleEQ/

I've got masses more but those are the first ones which come to mind.

Thanks Matt. I've no free Plug-ins\SW so it will be good to see how they compare with the ones I have

Back