Nuendo 2.0 Vs Cubase SX 2.0 and DAWs

Mr. Ins@ne

Well, three questions:

1 - I've been using Nuendo 2.0 for some time and I've always wondered what's the real difference between Nuendo 2.0 and Cubase Sx 2.0 and which is the best for home recording.

2 - I happen to have some stupid overloads on my pc that I really don't understand: I have one PIV 3.0 FSB 800, 1GB Ram, S-ATA 120 GB HD with M-Audio Delta 1010 soundcard and when I use about 8 tracks with 4 pluggins each, the pc overloads. I use WinXp OS and this is not a dedicated DAW, since I also use this pc for other stuff such as Internet, soft gaming (I'm no CS nerd), watching some videos, etc. I use Norton Systemworks for pc protection, and I supose that takes a lot resources from the cpu. Even though I believe this pc should be able to bear a lot more than 8 tracks with 4 pluggins. Any advice for better tweaking or configurations? I once saw one page with some configurations for best audio recording performance on winxp. Anyone knows where can I find something like that?

3 - Should I use a different winxp account with different configurations for audio recording purposes? Is that even possible?

Hope someone can help me

Back