Ntrack and Delta 66 Omni station, does it work?

TomD

Really getting frustrated.

I've been using Ntrack 2.2 on an old PII loaded with programs and hardware, and decided to upgrade to a stand-alone recording pc. I bought a Delta 66 Omni station, and of course had to upgrade Ntrack to support the 24 bit card.

I've tried 2 different PC's, a K6-500, and a P2-300, both with 380MB ram, 4 different hard drives, did fresh installs of both Win98 and Win2000 on both, and just can't get the skips out of the recording. Also am getting very high CPU readings when playing back.

I get the best result with driver version 27, and ASIO selected.
Setting the buffers in Ntrack doesnt work, because each time I record, they go back to the card's settings. I set those to max.
With 2000 the WDM driver worked best.

I have no other cards installed, except the AGP video. No applications except Ntrack and the drivers. I did the Win98 tweaks listed on PCrecording. Neither have the dreaded VIA chipset.

Example, I can record 10 seconds of total silence, add reverb to it, and the cpu is at 50 percent. The K6 is worse than the P2.
Win2000 is worse than 98 on cpu, although less skipping.

My old pc would do 10 tracks loaded with effects, to get anywhere near that.

Midiman doesnt know 'will get back to me'. They tried, they really did, but have no experience with Ntrack.

Flavio let me try using 2.2 with 24 bit, and it's a little better, but I know I can't get a 3 minute track without skips.

Has anyone made this combination work? I am wondering if perhaps I am barking up the wrong tree..

Tom

lots of people here use delta vards with N-Track.....sorry i cant help more than that....

Hi Gidge, actually, you did answer my question.

I wanted to know if it was something in my system, or just the combo that didn't work.

I finally got it working, seems there is a problem with 3.03 using an excess of cpu. Others mentioned it as well on the fasoft forums. Returning to the old version helped with that.

Otherwise, I ended up using Win2000 on another different pc, and it works pretty nice. ASIO drivers seem to be the best for me.
Win 98 on the same pc still skips, but 2000 seems solid, with a lot less buffers selected.
Still a few little things to sort out, but tweaking a bit should resolve those things.

Tom

Back