Nt1-a Vs Sp C1

MrGrooves

Ok, I'm almost ready to put an order for 2 B3's. I also borrow some money from the old folks ( ;) ) to get a specialized vocal mic. I am very used to the NT1 since I've done lots of voiceover work with it before. Recently I've heard the Nt1-A and Its decent, probably not my favorite, but less noisey than the previous version.
I'm also looking to the SP C1. The NT1-A has good reviews, and prorec admires its solid, robust manufacture. From Mr Harvey's thread (V67 and C1), it seems the C1 construction is a little more delicate, then again I've seen wonderfull comments about this mic, including from prorec.com....
What do you guys think?. Anyone has tried both?

MrGrooves said:
Ok, I'm almost ready to put an order for 2 B3's. I also borrow some money from the old folks ( ;) ) to get a specialized vocal mic. I am very used to the NT1 since I've done lots of voiceover work with it before. Recently I've heard the Nt1-A and Its decent, probably not my favorite, but less noisey than the previous version.
I'm also looking to the SP C1. The NT1-A has good reviews, and prorec admires its solid, robust manufacture. From Mr Harvey's thread (V67 and C1), it seems the C1 construction is a little more delicate, then again I've seen wonderfull comments about this mic, including from prorec.com....
What do you guys think?. Anyone has tried both?

I don't know about the NT-1A, but I have both the NT-1 and the C-1 and choose the C-1 over the NT-1 in almost all applications.

Scott

Back