NS10 AMp

An older Alesis amp like an RA-100 would be a good match --- especially if you're going to use them as nearfields only.

ssscientist said:
An older Alesis amp like an RA-100 would be a good match --- especially if you're going to use them as nearfields only.

Blah! Those Alesis amps color the sound. Really, they do! Until you compare them directly to a better brand, like Hafler, you would never know. But they sound like dog meat.

Look for a Hafler. Just about any P series of TA series will do you just fine.

The Hafler TA1600 and Art SLA-2 both sound fine to me. I compared the two before selling the TA1600. I think the TA1600 might have a *slightly* better stereo image (not enough to write home about). I plan to use bigger monitors eventually so I kept the SLA-2 and sold the TA1600. Someone that has'nt heard an SLA-2 might make assumptions because it's made by Art. Both amps are a good value, imo. Hafler went belly up so you'll have to find something old stock or used if you want a Hafler.

I have a Crown D300 mk2 that I am considering selling. It would be a good (very common) match for the NS10's.

xstatic said:
I have a Crown D300 mk2 that I am considering selling. It would be a good (very common) match for the NS10's.

Yes! The older Crown's (or even the newer ones!) are a very good choice, and can probably be had for fairly cheap.

Back