Now Comes The Hard Part....HELLLLP!!!!!

CANINE704

I just put together a demo/ep I got everything tracked on a BR8 (beats, vocals) But heres the problem I dont have studio monitors so i know my joints might not be great quality (mixing,compression,processing etc etc)added to the fact that I dont know much about compression, processing etc etc, My question is would I be better off taking my br8 to a studio and having them clean it all up (compression, mixing etc) Or copping soundforge 6.0 or some other program Im not on a super budget but i wanna get this done right. Basically I just want my music to sound "professional" sonic wise... Any suggestions?

who are you producing this demo for:

if it is for record company types, then go to a mxiing house.

if it is for club owners for getting shows, then do it yourself.

i say that because if you aren't yet ready for record company people then do everything you can to learn all the different aspects. not that you'll want to continue doing it all, but at least you'll know enough about each part of the process to know when the f****ery has begun.

I say get it mixed by someone who can mix. Makes all the difference. I assume you'll be shopping this demo. Whatever its for, get the best quality out of your recording that you can. If you don't know about mixing/mastering I wouldn't advise you do it yourself. Theres a lot of people outhere you can get to mix it for a reasonable rate. You don't need to send it to the HitFactory or Bernie unless you got that kind of bread.

Hell, I can mix it for you if you want and for the dirt price. Wouldn't even make you pay unless you liked the outcome. hit me up if your interested soundbytestudios@yahoo.com. If not atleast check what's availabe in your market.

Back