Novation SpeedIO + Linux

brummygit

Hi all
Havent been around these parts for a while...Recently I've been looking at moving away from my Mac/PC for audio altogether but need to know one thing...

Has anyone here successfully gotten a Novation SpeedIO working successfully on a Linux setup?

Cheers
Mark

brummygit said:
Hi all
Havent been around these parts for a while...Recently I've been looking at moving away from my Mac/PC for audio altogether but need to know one thing...

Has anyone here successfully gotten a Novation SpeedIO working successfully on a Linux setup?

Cheers
Mark
I don't see Novation listed at Alsa
but if you know the chipset and see a match chances are good that you can get drivers there.
Art

I'm not terribly certian how USB devices work in ALSA but I think it's a generic driver...pretty much like windows. So...I think it will work using the USB-audio driver.

I'm using the FreeBoB driver with an Edirol FA-66 and liking it.

I did a test install of Ubuntu Linux just to see what the deal is.
When I plugged in the SpeedIO, it recognised it as an Audio driver. However, setting it as the default record/playback device had no effect and my internal soundcard just carried on as normal.

So I'll assume that the fact that its getting recognised as an external soundcard is a good start and give your suggestion a go.

Cheers
Mark

Back