Novation KS4 as a master keyboard?

Hi Kaze,
Plug a midi cable from the "midi out" of the Novation into the "midi in" of the sound module. Then you need to connect an audio cable out from the module into your mixer, amp, or wherever you are monitoring from in order to hear sounds from the module. If you plug audio out from the novation you will only hear the sounds from the novation. So you need to do both of these things to make it sound.
hope this helps,
evt

EVT said:
Hi Kaze,
Plug a midi cable from the "midi out" of the Novation into the "midi in" of the sound module. Then you need to connect an audio cable out from the module into your mixer, amp, or wherever you are monitoring from in order to hear sounds from the module. If you plug audio out from the novation you will only hear the sounds from the novation. So you need to do both of these things to make it sound.
hope this helps,
evt
The midi out? Dont i need the midi out on my KS4 to be connected to my snd card? (audiophile 2496) What is the MIDI through for?
Thanks

HI kaze,
I don't use "send card? (audiophile 2496)"
I use only hardware, so I don't know about that, but I would say that whatever you are using as the controller, you connect the midi out from into the midi in of whatever you are controlling. You will also have to look at midi channels to make sure you are on the same channel... you should look in the manual. Look at any diagrams they have in it too, that usually helps me understand.

What exactly are you trying to do? What are you connecting to? I'll try to help, but if not me, somebody will I'm sure, but definitely explain a little more, and I'll see if I understand.
evt

EVT said:
HI kaze,
I don't use "send card? (audiophile 2496)"
I use only hardware, so I don't know about that, but I would say that whatever you are using as the controller, you connect the midi out from into the midi in of whatever you are controlling. You will also have to look at midi channels to make sure you are on the same channel... you should look in the manual. Look at any diagrams they have in it too, that usually helps me understand.

What exactly are you trying to do? What are you connecting to? I'll try to help, but if not me, somebody will I'm sure, but definitely explain a little more, and I'll see if I understand.
evt
Well i WAS going to get a Roland XV module.. BUT in a real bizzare coincidence i came across a Roland Fantom-S at a pawn shop an hr ago.. Funny because my buddy was like wanna go see what they got? We where pretty damn bored just driving around so i was like sure. Went in and saw the thing sitting there $899 fulley expanded with the Dance SRX card, Studio SRX card, and the card with all the drumkits.. And those are the cards i wanted to get for the XV module. I asked them what the board came withand they said all the manuals, quik lok stand, a carry case, TS wires and a pwr cable. Couldent believe it. And to top it all off, this thing is in mint condition from what i can see, and i talked them down to $850. Im so happy. :D :D :D :D :D :D So now the KS4 will be the secondary board.

Wow Kaze!!!
You are one lucky, lucky, lucky.... oh did I say lucky human being right now!!!! Because I didn't want to use mf!!! lol
I always have dreams of that kind f things happening like that I'm going to go to a garage sale or something and there going to have amazing equipment and not know what it's work and just sell it to me ridiculously cheap. But, to this day I've never been lucky enough for this to happen.

check it out:
http://www.bananas.com/productdetail.asp/pid_1034/productname_Roland-Fantom-S

Just so you can see again and to help you fathom how cool it is that you got it, and so cheap!!!

This keyboard also has a sampler in it. It's an awesome keyboard, I had fun playing with it at guitar center.

At first, you should just mess around with it, and then as you run into things you don't know how to do you need to definitely refer to the manual . I think you should still try to even hook them up midi. Either one could be the master or slave. The master controls the slave.

You might get some help from this article:
http://www.mtsu.edu/~dsmitche/rim419/midi/HTMLs/USEMID~1.HTM

Also, you can just hook them both up into a mix onto different channels to be able to play and hear them both at the same time if you wanted too. That's what I would do with these.

Do you already have a mixer?

well Congratz!!!!! :)
evt

EVT said:
Wow Kaze!!!
You are one lucky, lucky, lucky.... oh did I say lucky human being right now!!!! Because I didn't want to use mf!!! lol
I always have dreams of that kind f things happening like that I'm going to go to a garage sale or something and there going to have amazing equipment and not know what it's work and just sell it to me ridiculously cheap. But, to this day I've never been lucky enough for this to happen.

check it out:
http://www.bananas.com/productdetail.asp/pid_1034/productname_Roland-Fantom-S

Just so you can see again and to help you fathom how cool it is that you got it, and so cheap!!!

This keyboard also has a sampler in it. It's an awesome keyboard, I had fun playing with it at guitar center.

At first, you should just mess around with it, and then as you run into things you don't know how to do you need to definitely refer to the manual . I think you should still try to even hook them up midi. Either one could be the master or slave. The master controls the slave.

You might get some help from this article:
http://www.mtsu.edu/~dsmitche/rim419/midi/HTMLs/USEMID~1.HTM

Also, you can just hook them both up into a mix onto different channels to be able to play and hear them both at the same time if you wanted too. That's what I would do with these.

Do you already have a mixer?

well Congratz!!!!! :)
evt
Yeah thanks! I got 1 more exp slot open im thinking of grabbing the piano srx card now. I do have a mixer.. Yamaha MG 4/12. Hit me up on AIM or MSN we can talk more.

AIM: Kaze2k4
MSN: env425@hotmail.com

Back