Not sure where to post.

Brahmb

Anybody out there use My Music Inc.? It's a music and movie download website I can use for free after paying a lifetime membership. Is there a better (cheaper) way to get DECENT mp3 files? This just seems very convenient, having all the files at one site, and they are giving away free software for burning cd's and dvd's as well.

I don't anything about "My Music Inc"... but I wanted to let you know this forum was a good choice for posting your question. :)

Is it based in Russia? I've heard of a Russian based mp3 site which purports to be LEGAL if you pay some membership fee. I have a feeling the site you speak of would be illegal, espcially since there is currently no digital-pay-per-movie-download-thingy for movies like there is for music, so my vote goes to an illegal scam. How much is the "lifetime" membership fee? What happens when the site gets shutdown? Oops, there goes your money! Buy CDs at the store of off of iTunes/Napster/etc... so the artists get paid.

"Free" Sites

I agree with Gordone. There are TONS of sites that claim to be free, but are actually seeded their own media databases with p2p or bit torrent software.

To clarify, are you looking for software to burn mp3s of music you've written/recorded, or of popular music? It sounds like the latter, in which case you might want to check out a couple other forums. This is a good blog on the subject of p2p (but it's not a forum):
http://p2pnet.net/index.php

Good luck.

Thanks

You can put this one to rest. I answered my own question and came up with the same conclusions as you guys. I found what I needed anyway. Thanks.

Back