not sure where this goes (band members)

SacredDespair

ok, I'm trying to start my first band, I've done music by myself for quite a while and recorded solo, but now I'm ready to start doing shows and getting my name out there. The problem is, I play industrial-metal type stuff, and I don't know how to find anybody who does that type of music. Everybody seems to want to be screamo in our metal scene. So how do I find people, I'm 16, if that makes a difference

Many areas have weekly/bi-weekly "entertainment papers" (which list nightclubs, resterants, etc) that also include a classified section - you could run an add.

Many areas also have a websight dedicated to the music industry which have cleasified sections

Normal newspapers normally have a classified section (although with all the other options, these do hot draw as much attention as they once did).

Most music stores (and often other public stores - such as grocery stores) have boards that people can place adds/business cards on).

I've been happy with the level of interest generated by a Craigslist listing. Ad went in on a Thursday and by Sunday we had a few guitarists lined up to audition. In the larger metropolitin areas, I know of nothing with as many listings and viewers.

Here's a link to the one for my area, you can probalby navigate out of this and find the one for your area:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/muc/

Back