Not so new newb

Paulie Storm

Hi everyone, I am a not so new newb who has some experiance with home recording. I am currently running Cubase5 and have no issues . I am using a presonus usb audiobox and a comp 16 but that is all about to change.

I have been researching my next purchase ( purchases :D) for about a month and have narrowed down my pre amp choice ( first one) to a UA 710 Twinfinity. Now it is time to upgrade the interface and herein lies the problem. My 2 choices both have line in and spdif but one has adat also. I need at least 4 line ins as I will surely be getting more preamps in the futur. OK so here are my choices and remember I am not so much concerned with the preamps in the interface as much as the converter quality. Here goes:

Focusrite 18i6 or the Tascam US1800.

I am running 64 bit windows 7 on a PC with plenty of power and no outside internet connection. This computer was stripped of all non essential software so there are no issues.

Thanks guys and gals!

The Tascam will give you more preamps and inputs. I haven't compared the quality but the Tascam 1800 sounds great from recordings I have heard using it as the converter.

That's a pretty fancy preamp your getting :)

Thanks man, I am way leaning towards the Tascam for alot of reasons, mostly the added inputs but hoping the converters are clean too.

Back