Not Quite Through

I like the tune. The voice is great. The guitar has a great sound. I think the kick is a bit punchy for my liking...although, it seems everything I am listening today has too much kick, so maybe its just me.

The whole mix sounds very pro (I am envious), it has that "sparkle" that many of my productions don't have...but the kick...the kick is a different "color".

Sounds really clean. I don't really like that cymbal bell sound in the left speaker. Can't really change it, but it's just an opinion. It sounds like you still have some processing/adding instruments to do before you're done though. Maybe layer some vocals during the chorus. I'd say a double track of the main vocals in the chorus, a lower harmony, and a higher one if possible. Strings would be nice in this song.

Sounds really clean. I don't really like that cymbal bell sound in the left speaker. Can't really change it, but it's just an opinion. It sounds like you still have some processing/adding instruments to do before you're done though. Maybe layer some vocals during the chorus. I'd say a double track of the main vocals in the chorus, a lower harmony, and a higher one if possible. Strings would be nice in this song.

Thanks. I see what you mean about the cymbal bell. I may take that out... oh the joys of MIDI. I like the idea about adding vocal harmonies. I have never been particularly good at those, but maybe its time to learn.

Thanks. I see what you mean about the cymbal bell. I may take that out... oh the joys of MIDI. I like the idea about adding vocal harmonies. I have never been particularly good at those, but maybe its time to learn.

It helps a lot to play the harmony on the guitar along with the melody. Then once you get the tune, sing along with it. That's how I get past my sing-suckedness :D

Back