Not quite a year later...

I *finally* have another track to share. My first with an acoustic and (fake) strings no less...

Please take a listen and let me know what I'm doing wrong and, hopefully, a couple things I may be doing right. Download at:

As an FYI, the song shifts a bit at the end, so please listen all the way through if you can. Thanks in advance!

J

Mix sounds nice to me...pretty full and dynamic.

I was glad when the electrics came in...I knew you were heading for something but didn't know what, and the entry of the additional guitars was pretty satisfying.

Ok, just got to the "shift" you were talking about and that is pretty freakin' cool.:cool::)

Nice job man.

on a side note, the song is awesome! would love to hear it with vocals. the synth strings, which i usually never use because of the "cheese" factor, actually fit very well into the song in my opinion. nice work!

what kind of acoustic? what mics? mic pattern? amp? amp mic? would be interested to see what you used.

Thanks, thexflamesxburn. Glad you dig the song. I was a bit surprised by how many people don't like the ending. I understand why, but I'm glad the others dig it.

In terms of my setup up, it's an Ibanez electric/acoustic. Not sure of the model off the top of my head, but it's about 4 years old. I recorded one track direct and another with a Studio Projects C1 (same take) into an older dbx 286 mic pre. From there, I added a Line 6 mic pre for a little more gain/coloration, EQ to shape a bit and the BBE plugin to compensate for the fact that I should put on new strings before I recorded. :rolleyes:

The bass was direct (compressing the snot out of it). All the guitars were done with the L6 Gearbox plugin. I blended a couple crunch tones for 'chorus' part and used the Criminal amp at the end for the heavy guitar. Lastly, the drums were EZ Drummer.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Anyone else have any input?

What a great song:D

Synth makes it sound like collective soul.

It would sound even better with acoustic drums!;)

I really enjoyed the heavier part \m/

Nice job!

Back