Not one...but two dumbass questions

lo beam

1.) Why won't ProTools Free let me use my 2496 Soundcard? I'm working on a Mac & it defaults to the built-in sound.

2.) I can't decide whether to buy one (2 x trs > 2 x rca) double cable or two (1 trs > 1 rca) seperate ones. I can't see that there'd be any difference, but thought I'd ask anyway.

Pro Tools free doesn't have to use digidesign's hardware, but it may only work with the built in sound. I've never used it, so I can't say for sure. I tried to, but it wouldn't work with XP or something.

You are correct. As far as I know the cable thing doesn't really matter. Whichever one that you want, or is cheaper, or whatever.

:)

Yeah, PT Free compatibility isn't the issue though.

I've got OS 9 as a separate install so I'm running it on that. You can't use any digi hardware like the oo1/002/Mbox etc....but it's just the built-in sound thing that's buggin me. I can't figure how to get it to deal with the 2496 s/card.

I know that the card is officially recognised digidesign hardware NOW (if using PT M-Powered) ...but it wasn't when they configured PT Free.

Any ideas?

Back