Not Enough Memory: The Saga Continues

deejaytrixx

So yeah, Im not working with the best of computers right now..We had a real bad fire in our studio so now I am working off of back ups on my cheesy home computer. (XP Pro, 1.25 gigs installed, expandable to 3gigs) and a freakin Mbox..not even two, but one...on an LE system..(still got 7 at home)

So, Im working on a seemingly simple mix...suuuuure..The guy doesn't know how to record, and the producer had a little too much to drink at the session, so quality control just wasn't there. So of course I am adding the many various layers of shit be gone that is needed to make this track half way salvagable.

BUT...I have completely run out of processing power. I have consolidated all stemmed pieces, I have even recorded several tracks to one single stereo track in the futile hopes of trying to save DSP by eliminating plug-ins..Problem is if I do this anymor, I will lose the ability to change the individual voices that make a lot of the backing vocals..I fear to lose perception of how it will sound in the mix.,,.

By any measure of GOD, does anyone know another way to get that last bit of overclock to work on a ram deficient system

(Please, no disrespect, but I need an experience pro tools user answer, not conjecture, nor the obvious..The obvious I can do myself)

Back