Not enough inputs for tracking??

quietb03

Ok I just got my MPC 2500 a couple days ago along with a Korg X50 synth. I also have a M-Audio 1814 Interface with 8 1/4" inputs. My korg has 4 outs and my MPC has 2 main outs and 8 assignable outs. I've already run out of inputs on my 1814 by having the 4 outs on the korg,2 main and 2 assignable outs on the mpc connected.. So theres 6 assignable outs left on the 2500 and ive got no where to run em to for tracking out everything individually. Do you guys think I should:

A. Keep this interface and just go through the process of muting and probably switching cables in and out. (pain in the ass)
B. Get a mixer with about 16 trs inputs and run that into a soundcard. It would bypass the plugging/unplugging of cables that I hate doing.
C. Any other thing that u can think of.

You dont have to switch cables. I record synths all day long :D There is no rule that you HAVE to record all at one time. Likewise you might not have to use all 4 outputs on the Korg, I have numerous synths that I just run two outs on. Ultimately, recording one track at a time gives you more control over recording levels.

Back