Normalled or de-normalled ?????

rxkevco

Have been seting up my patchbay,,,, jeeeezz , what a nightmare.
Got some great advice from here and off a few other forums,,,,,, and doing a bit more research, but having set it all up today have come across a wee problem.

On my patchbay ( crapinger px2000 ),,, it has switching on the top, to change between , 1 ,, normalled,
2 ,, half normalled,
3 ,, parallel,
4 ,, open,,,,,,,,,,,

Using the advice i have got,, i have been told to set up the first 14 spaces as normalled,,, then 15 - 24 as " de- normalled."

" De normalled ", is confusing me a bit, as its not on the list of swithchings >
What would be de-normalled from the above list ?????
Cheers,,,, kev.

product manuals are a wonderful thing :)

you need to set up your patchbay so that it works with the equipment you are plugging into it. Figure out what equipment you have and where you want it to go.

For example...a typical setup for a mic line and a mic preamp is to put the mic line on top of the patch bay (the out of mic line #1) and the mic preamp on the bottom. Then you normal them. So that way you never need to patch cables inbetween mic line #1 and the mic preamp...everything is automatically connected internally. Unless you break the bottom connection by plugging in mic line #3 into the mic preamp #1. Then this is known has half normalled.

Behringer calls denormalled, open.

Back