Nord Lead, microKORG sounds for controller

h2blink

i just purchased an edirol midi controller online today. i was looking into such programs as Reason, Fruityloops to get my sounds from. im looking for electronic synth sounds (those that sound like the Nord Lead series, microKORG, etc.) Any suggestions on what software or patches or anything that would help me acheive these type of sounds. im new to this whole synth world, but ive been researching alot lately. just thought id ask you all for some suggestions. thanks.

Go here and click on 'user ratings' in the left hand column, then 'view free plugins by overall rating'.

My faves are Triangle II, Synth 1, String Theory, Free Alpha and Superwave P8, but I haven't any of them that are not worth the download.

The above all require a program capable of hosting VSTi's. They're getting more common these days, but I use and recommend Tracktion. Download the demo version and follow the easy directions and you'll be up and running in no time. If you like it as much as I do, buy it here.

And welcome to the board!

i have yet to hear an analog modeling synth sound that actually sounded like an analog synth. but i'm biased.

Back