Nord | Cubase SX sequencing question

The Greater God

Hello, I'm having some trouble sequencing and reieving MIDI OUT signals to my Nord Lead2. I am using a Midiman Audiophile 2496 as my midi and audio interface into my computer. I have several programs (Cubase SX, Fruity Loops, Techno Toys) that send MIDI OUT to whatever midi interface you have specified but I never hear anything comming out of my board. I can use it to control VST's, and various knobs, etc, but I never seem to be able to recieve data. Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong here ?

Thank you

be sure that your nord is enabled to recieve on the channel desired and make sure your cords are put in proberly... some idiot once decided to reverse the in/out descrition on PC midi connectors (obviously he wasn't a Pro ... maybe at something... but definitely not on this subject :rolleyes: )
It hasn't been changed since last i checked...
So your OUT will not go to IN as you should think, but to OUT... which means that you must plug the IN cable in IN....

i would seriously like some more info on how you have set up cubase and your nord, cause your description is very vague... How have you set up your nord, to a mixer and an amp? and soforth, so i know which places to look for the bug...

Back