Noobs needs help too!

Kowboy

Hello.

I am new to the whole home recording thing. Basically, I'm a musician, but not a sound engineer or producer by any means. Just want to record.

So, I got Cubase AI4.

Using a Audiogram 6 with it. I was told it was easy to use. BS!

Anyway, I believe all my connections are correct. I can play on the guitar and I see the levels on the cubase going up and down. I try to record.

When I try to play back the recording, I hear nothing. Well, I hear the metronome, but not my recording. My levels on the Audiogram seem fine. My DAW is high enough where I can hear the metronome, so I would think I could hear the guitar as well!

Also, when I play the guitar sometimes, I get a delay from my headphones. I don't know why.

Please help! Again, I'm new to this and I'm learning on my own. I haven't recorded anything yet because the directions read like the impossibilities going through my head!

What do I do?!

There's your answer i think.

About the latency, you set your buffer too high so you should have some latency hearing what you're playing. Set it at 128 or lower to avoid that.

Where you may as?

Devices---> Device Setup ---> VST AudioBay

Select your sound card... by default always says Audio Multimedia Direct (or something like that). Change that to your sound card Audiogram.

Thanks!

Thank you very much for your help.

I feel silly, but you know what was the problem?

When you record, you have to have both the record button (red) and the monitor button (brown) on to record. But when you want the playback, you have to turn the monitor button off.

This was not known by me and it did not say anything in it in the directions.

Oh well.

Back