Noob question about mixers

luckystrike

:confused: Iam a complete novice when it comes to using mixers and i just found this forum and thought i might beable to get the info i need.

My question will sound really really dumb like i say i havnt a clue. Ok im using cubase sx 2 as my recording setup and i have a sound blaster audigy platinum 2 sound card. I have orded an multi fx rack system and a dynamic enhancer. I now want to get a decent mixer. My question is if i have 16 tracks recorded on cubase can i then use my mixer to change the volume of each track and eq settings etc etc. If i do this how does the information then get stored onto the track on cubase. :confused: I hope this makes sense.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

This is my first post but not my last :)

Do you want a mixer or a control surface? Or both--a digital mixer might be what you want.

An analog mixer is used together with a PC for mic preamps, submixing, and for routing monitor & headphone signals.

A control surface has physical controls (knobs, faders) that will control your software.

A digital mixer is kind of a like an analog mixer with A/D converters (and D/A), and some of them also function as a control surface.

Hope that helps. If not, ask a more specific question about what you want to be able to do.

you have an Audigy...that has stereo out only sso you could only feed two tracks back to your mixer. Pointless

Don't be insulted, but you know you can adjust the level, eq, etc. with the Cubase software, right? You don't need a mixer or control surface.

I'm not sure what a "dynamic enhancer" is, but you probably want to return it and get a nice soundcard - maybe something like a Delta 44?

dirtythermos said:
Don't be insulted, but you know you can adjust the level, eq, etc. with the Cubase software, right? You don't need a mixer or control surface.

I'm not sure what a "dynamic enhancer" is, but you probably want to return it and get a nice soundcard - maybe something like a Delta 44?

+1
Change your EQ and Volume settings with the Cubase mixer. You can monitor this through your EXt mixer if you wish.
Sorry if this is not what you want...

Back