Noob here

notaspy

Hello. I just made an account here because I am interested in recording my bands songs/ demos. I currently have no equipment, so I thought I would come here before I bought anything. I plan on recording to computer, on a computer that I haven't purchased yet. Although I am computer saavy and have a general idea of what I am going to have to get. So for what we have planned out for recording, is we're going to plug our amps into a hughes and kettner redbox(di box/speaker emulator). And we are going to use programmed drums to save time/money. I just need to know what kind of equipment I am going to need to get the best sound coming from the redbox as a speaker emulator, to the computer. I was thinking I would need some kind of a preamp, but after that I'm not sure what kind of interface I would need, or if I could just plug the preamp straight into the computer. Although I would like to have a firewire interface. For the whole setup(not including the computer) we would want to spend 2k at most. So could someone please help me out here? Thanks!

That's a really loaded question. The best thing for you to do is just start reading. Use the search function up there with your particulars.
Luck man.

Back