Noob here

makariuss

Im new at home direct pc recording, does the guitar to pc recording really have a bad noise? I can't get the sound of my guitar to my pc. . any advice?

So you're trying to run your guitar straight into your computer? If so, yeah, it'll probably sound bad. Most computer sound cards are built from crap.

yeah its the stock soundcard of my computer, think its the realtek hd soundcard
any suggestions on a soundcard that are good for recording and affordable price?

yeah its the stock soundcard of my computer, think its the realtek hd soundcard
any suggestions on a soundcard that are good for recording and affordable price?

You need an audio interface. USB, Firewire, PCI, whatever. Go to your local retailer and ask or browse one of the hundreds of online music stores that offer such devices for any budget.

Make sure your PC meets the system requirements.

You'll also need some kind of recording software. Reaper is free to try and cheap to buy, and is very popular here.

Welcome to HR. You're in the right place.

ok thanks supercreep, well i only buy things at musiciansfriend, and my friend gave me a software that is called magix music maker
im new in home recording i stil dont know a lot of things in recording so thanks guys!^^

Magix Music has too many fluoro colours in its GUI... can't be a serious program or else it would have mainly greys and more muted colours... :laughings:

Seriously though dude.... do some reading in this forum - there's a lot you'll be needing to learn.

ok thanks supercreep, well i only buy things at musiciansfriend, and my friend gave me a software that is called magix music maker
im new in home recording i stil dont know a lot of things in recording so thanks guys!^^

IMPORTANT NOTE: I am sure your freind means well to give you that recording software, but I am SURE IT IS THE FREE TRIAL VERSION AND NOT THE RETAIL SOFTWARE because talking about cracked and pirated software will get you banned here instantly.

yep bro its a free trial, it has some limited apps, im using windows sound recorder before so, i haven't tried that reaper yet but ill find it later and download it.

i have a common problem this is about the ground noise, we live in a trailer home and i guess that's the problem of the ground noise, and is it really on it everytime i record directly from my preamp output to line in(pc) that even the noise are recorded? if i buy a noisegate should this help?

Also in a trailer home. But it's bricked in so it doesn't blow away with the high winds in this region. Power is generally sub-par for these things. I've addressed it by using mostly a laptop and battery powered preamps and field recorders. But not the only solution. Analog audio gear is sensitive to many things. Clean power of the pure sine wave (inverter) variety is almost required. And probably not supplied. Running the gear on batteries (like me) solves that issue on the cheap. Plus if you do event stuff you generally don't have access to power, or if you do, it could be pretty awful / failure prone / worse than what you have at home.

A UPS or other things could help, but generally don't do the pure sine wave thing. Power conditioners and other things. Stuff that you generally don't need, until you need it. A noisegate is meant more for broadcasting. It takes away the noise floor of the gear when there's a lull in the content. This keeps a radio station from sounding AM-ish, and also helps with data compression. It might be something that you want eventually, but probably not what you need to solve your issue.

our trailer home doesnt have a brick on it , its just metal that cover under it, and my amplifier is an old peavey backstage 30, it has a lot of issues on it so i guess the problem was my amp, and im using the korg a5 guitar multi effects, i just plug from my amp directly to the computer , and even if i dont plug it in my computer it still has a ground noise and it stops everytime i touch any metal part of my guitar.

Back