nonnomluvyurmom

tonesponge

I've remixed this twice in view of some suggestions from various sources.

I've also uploaded the new version to my sounclick page, so you can download it or listen to it there if the attachment gives you any trouble.

Are there any more suggestions?

Attachments

• nomnomluvyamom.mp3
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
This is a wild and crazy song. I think it sounds pretty good to me the way it is. Nice guitar playing and I like how the bass and drums come in first to start it off. Thanks for sharing the tune.

I like the song and groove. I'd bring up the vox and kick drum a little. Other wise sounds great. Enjoyed it.

Ah...I remember this one from maybe a month or so ago? luvyurtune.

I'm having trouble remembering the specifics of the prior mix...this sounds good, but a bit dark overall and has an odd phasey kid of quality to the overall sound. I dunno - just kind of strange. Love the bass playing and the vocals are well done. Unique and fun.

right on man, i like it.
what scale you playing? major something?

whats 'nonnom' thou dude? or just are you saying your mum is nummy? <i figured you were just implying that.>

the cut around 3:03 there the verse meets the core-us is to close <for lack of better words>, it sounds good, but you couldnt do it live. therefore people used to the recording wouldnt get quite what they expected live... maybe. just saying.

peace duder.

I could picture this song being performed by muppets. Good times!

I hear that phasey thing that Heatmeiser mentioned too.

Some of the 's' and 't' noises on the vocals (I don't remember the right word for that) were really harsh.

It got a little repetitive by the end. A bridge would have helped break things up.

I like the growl on the vocal. It's pretty cool.

right on man, i like it.
what scale you playing? major something?

TY. The lead scale is E blues scale, so that's basically E minor pentatonic with notes from E major pentatonic added in as passing tones, plus the flat 5. Meanwhile, the rhythm is in E major, with the chords being augmented with notes from the key of E minor. To me, that's basically what Blues is; mixing the major and minor keys, with the rhythm being primarily major and the lead being primarily minor.

I hear that phasey thing that Heatmeiser mentioned too.

Some of the 's' and 't' noises on the vocals (I don't remember the right word for that) were really harsh.

I'm not sure why there would be any phasing. I used only one mic, and I double tracked the rhythm guitar. I do have a stereoizer effect on the vocals and the solo guitar, but the delays should be far apart enough to avoid phasing, or so I thought. How many milliseconds away does a delay have to be to be sure there's no phasing? I thought it was 11 ms to avoid phasing.

As far as the sibilance goes, I can maybe try putting a low pass filter on the vocals. I've used it before with good results on cymbals, placing it up near 20K. But I don't have a de-esser plugin.

Last edited:
Oh wow. I just got my monitors out of storage and bought power cables and trs cables to hook them up, and I can't believe all the warts I hear now in my recent recordings mixed on headphones.

Bad expensive bass boosting headphones! Bad! :spank:

I finsished remixing after hooking up my monitors, and the new mix is up on my sounclick page, which is accessible via the link in my sig.

I haven't had much opportunity to evaluate whether the current placment of my monitors really is giving me accurate tracking, and I'd appreciate some feedback about how the new mix ports to your platform(s), and/or whether it is an improvement over the old mix.

Thanks for all the help.

Very groovy sound man,

Couldn't help but think of Bill Oddy of Goodies fame, and a similar vocal sound and (ufortunatelly) production.

Too much vocal doubling and general vocal burial.

Back