noisy synth

icarus

I have a roland xv-88 and i love it. I have been trying to record the srx-02 piano board, which i also love. the only problem is that i record with the volume on the synth all the up and i think the synth itself is generating noise. i am going to explore a noise isolation filter for my ac source, but i really think it is the synth. is there anything i can do about this that anyone knows of? oh yeah, if anyone has any suggestions on power conditioners/noise isolation filters or better means for reducing any ac noise i'd appreciate that to. thanks.

No, I'm not. I've been resistant to using a preamp because for right or wrong I always just figured the less things I run the synth through the cleaner my signal would be. I'm recording on a pretty good DAW setup in cakewalk so I don't think I need a mixer. But I guess maybe a preamp is what I need to get. Does anyone have any good preamp suggestions for me?

Keyboards generally dont have the best DAC's, preamps and effects. Treat a raw keyboard like you would any signal you are recording and use the best processing gear you can afford.

Even a mackie 1202 can help keyboards a lot.

Back