Noisy PC

kershawh

My PC is very noisy when I am downloading stuff to my Tascam 2488. I get a sort of ticking and sizzling sound which is so annoying.

Is this my sound card or something else, I would really appreciate any help/suggestions from you knowledgeable folk.

Thanks in anticipation.

Huh? Why would want to send the audio to the recorder through the sound card and not the digital data via USB?

I think we need a little more information. Are you talking about ambient noise due to a air movement from a fan? Are you talking about a ticking sound in ambient that is produced by your computer's switching power supply? Or, are you talking about in-band noise within the channel?

As Rusty said, are you connecting your PC via a proper digital interconnect such as USB? Or, do you have a pop-hiss-buzz-hum emitter stemming from some analog contraption you have implemented?

Give us some facts man, and in turn we will give you thoughtful analysis or a smart ass opinion, or some combination of the two.

Either way, your problem might get solved.

I have a similar problem, although like they have already mentioned, more information is needed on exactly what your setup is.

My particular setup is this: I use a software synth conected to the 2488 via the line out from the computer for recording purposes. (I know it is not the most ideal setup, but it works for me.) For some reason I just get the noise with the (line out) connected to the 2488 and having the laptop (AC) cord plugged in on the same circuit as the 2488. A ground loop issue I presume. The way I solve it is to simply unplug the laptop using just battery power, or get an extension cord and plug the laptop into an outlet in another room (another circuit).

Give this a try.

Back