Noisey Sound Card

peter miller

My sound card is getting interferance from the hard drive & cd- drive. Little beeps and squeaks etc..
I'm in irq 5 at the moment it is sharing with,Intel pci to USB univesal host controller ,& two lots IRQ holder for pci steering

the card is in slot 3.
slot 4 is internal modem, slot 1 is graphics card..
I've tried the soundcard in slot 5 also & I think It did it then also..

The guy in the shop said he's owned a card that did this and swapped slots(will I have to re-install all drivers if I swap slots).
HE also mentioned shielding the sound card-How in the world does one do that???:D

just try your card in a different slot. You will not have to reinstall new drivers if your card is plug & play. If you continnue to have issues, you may want to uninstall your drivers & reinstall. If this does not take care of the issue, return your card & get another

thanks for getting back to me...
although my card is at the lower end of the market I have been assured that it is of fine quality..( in OZ things can be expensive)We used to have an industry

I'll rip it out and try another slot.....cool.
I might piss off the internal modem allso and see if that helps..
I've heard they are a problem at times....
cheers:cool:

no problem

i wasn't implying that your card is of bad quality -- it just might be defective. I'm unsure if you have purchased this sound card seperately from your PC; if you did, you may want to look to see if you have a sound chip installed directly onto your motherboard. This may also cause conflicts.

Back