Noise?

Randy5235

when ever I record it seems that there is alot of extra hiss? in the background not really hiss just this extra air is the best way i can describe it really,I dont hear that on good pro recordings ,is there anyway I can get rid if some of this?

any time I have ever recorded anything really :) it seems that there is this extra amount of hiss or air in the background almost sounds like bias noise but I get it on digital as well,Im think that maybe im not getting a good s/n ratio???

What mic and recorder are you using?
Are you getting the hiss as you track ... or at mixdown?
If it's just at mixdown ... try muting your tracks if they're not used. One channel may be pretty quiet. . but two, three, four ... the noise can add up.

Hello,
I am using a digital recorder (Korg D8) and a AT-3033 mic & everything sounds great when I record and playback through the Korg. I get a lot of this "hiss" when I put anything on tape. I'm just running an RCA cable from the output of the D8 to my stereo input on my home stereo and recording it directly to tape as I play it back. Is this the proper way to get a digital recording to a tape, and if so, how can I get rid of that "hiss"? Thanks

cdfain

Back