Noise issues with Scarlett 2i2

sl3shredder

I'm using logic pro X on a mac computer. When I'm running a guitar just through the speakers via the direct monitor it sounds fine. Once I send the audio signal through logic it creates some digital "noise" (sounds like a bit crusher when I strum chords) that's not related to clipping, and happens with a instrument line or XLR mic input (yes, I made sure to switch the input to the corresponding type). The problem also seems to get worse the longer the program is open.

The interface worked fine on a friend's computer using logic 9, so surely there is something I am doing wrong. I resintalled all the drivers and plug in's, swapped the interface for a new unit pretty much everything Focusrite recommends and still I can't seem to figure this problem out. It seems like maybe there is some sampling or bit rate setting in Logic that needs to be changed, but I can't figure it out. Someone please help!! Thanks

You've done a lot of troubleshooting ...even taking the interface to a friends. It worked there so that's great partitioning of the problem.
So #1 you know the interface is fine.
#2 You know the guitar and cable is good as it sounds fine during Monitoring

software is left and it appears you need to determine if its the mac or daw.

Back