Noise from a Peavey Studio 12

fendermustang

Hello,

My problem is similar to the post about the POD. Sometimes but not all I get alot of trash buzzing from the amp. I've assumed it's the fault of the Beer signs in the club's ect but also wondering if my single coil pickups on my fender mustang could be the trouble. Anyone have a fix. I've thought of using a noise gate but hoping for another fix.

Thanks All

60 cycle hum

If you are talking about 60 cycle hum, then it probably is the single coils. It would really show up on a high gain lead channel. You can try to change your position to the amp until you find the quietist spot, other than that, i can't think of anything that will kill that old 60 cycle monster.
You can shield the inside of the guitar with copper tape, but it will not get rid of all the hum.
Thats it !

I used to have the same problem with a 72 Telecaster. I eventually put a Seymore Duncan Stacked humbucking in it and the noise stopped. No routing required. If that doesn't appeal to you, you can shield the inside of the cavity in your guitar where the guts are with foil that has an adhesive back that's just for this purpose. The Stewert MacDonald site has a lot of good info on this subject.

http://www.stewmac.com/

Back