No Sound with SX3

choctaw

Tribal Member
Hell for years I have used Cubase with good results. Not a high end user, but put some tracks down and made things work to my liking. Now I have something wrong and don't know where the click is to fix it. I can record fine.....when I play back the track or tracks the mixer shows activity but no sound from my speakers. I use a Firepod for my recording. This can't be a big deal.......just something I have changed that won't let me hear sound. Any advise to an old fart who feel alittle stupid.

Choctaw

Last edited:
Are you connections correct under "VST connections"?

I am looking at the input bus and output bus setting in the vst connections as you brought up. I set the input to the proper connection on the firepod that my signal was hooked to...........and did the same on the output........then choose them in the mixer setting for output-input. Not sure what is wrong but no big deal ........will spend some more time looking things over. I just use my recordings for fun anyway........so if it takes be back a bit no big deal. I will find lots of other info on Cubase while looking for why NO sound from my tracks. I have all the books and videos a person could ask for on Cubase SX3............answer will show up. Got to be some little thing I have chosen by mistake. I have not used it for many months so the old brain might be involved too. The input is OK.....it's getting sound on speakers or headphones that is missing. Thanks for your input
Choctaw

Well DAH.....condition fixed. I went to Devices-VST Connections-Outputs-then for some reason something said remove the mono bus and put a stereo..........that did it now I have sound. That input output stuff can be somewhat confusing......when I get it all figured out, then let some time go by I forget just how things hook up. And for sure Cubase does NOT give the best instructions.........just have to get it from users or trial and error.
Choctaw

Last edited:
Back