No sound with Asio running windows 7 (realtek)

nocarsgo

So as the title suggests I have no sound in playback with Asio4all v2. When I start it says "The audio input is not activated. Recording audio is not possible...". So I change the settings to Asio4all v2, and the only stereo out I have is "Realtek HDA SPDIF Out 1". With that selected no sound... So what else is there to do if theres only one option? Is there something different than Asio that won't have latency I should try?
-nocarsgo

You may need to get a driver that is provided by the company who makes the hardware, (not a universal one.) What Interface are you using? Check at the manufacturer's site to see if they offer W7 drivers yet.

I'm using a Mackie Onyx 1640 with firewire, but I haven't even gone into the process of hooking it up yet. I'm simply trying to get sound out of audition i.e. when I put a audio track into the edit or multitrack session I can't hear a thing with ASIO. My sound card settings are at 48hz, but asio is at 41.1, so I did the 41.1 <-> 48 option, but still nothing. When you spoke of a driver, I have the latest for realtek, but that might have not been what you were speaking of. Thanks guys, any help is appreciated :D
-nocarsgo

Hmm, perhaps your output from Audition is not being routed to the computer soundcard. (That is where your speakers are hooked up, correct?)

In Audition, click on Edit and then click on Audio Hardware Setup. Make sure the correct inputs and outputs are selected. This ensures that the software is sending the signal to the right plug/jack. Click the different tabs across the top of that window for other options. After you hook up the firewire mixer you will likely see more choices appear under these tabs. You will need to come back to it to make changes anytime you add a new hardware interface.

Thanks! I've got sound coming through which is a huge relief. Now I just need to get my onyx firewire mixer to get a windows 7 driver... Thanks I'll update when news about that hits. Thanks again guys!
-Josiah

Back