No sound when playing back in Audition 3

Helmut626

Hi all - I'm brand new here. I started with Cool Edit then moved through all the Audition versions to Audition 3. It worked magnificently on my XP computer - which finally died :) So I bought a windows 7 machine, quadcore, 64 bits.
I successfully installed Audition 3. It records perfectly but I cannot hear my recordings. The meters are moving, but, no sound.
I also use Sonare 8 producer. Sonar lets me pinpoint all the available outputs on my computer and works perfectly: I use Realtek HD Audio rear output.
Strangely enough I cannot find that output option in Audition. I does not list it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi all - I'm brand new here. I started with Cool Edit then moved through all the Audition versions to Audition 3. It worked magnificently on my XP computer - which finally died :) So I bought a windows 7 machine, quadcore, 64 bits.
I successfully installed Audition 3. It records perfectly but I cannot hear my recordings. The meters are moving, but, no sound.
I also use Sonare 8 producer. Sonar lets me pinpoint all the available outputs on my computer and works perfectly: I use Realtek HD Audio rear output.
Strangely enough I cannot find that output option in Audition. I does not list it.

You need to select either an Asio driver if there is one for Realtek or Windows Sound Sytem which is less preferable

You should have sound with your stock soundcard but you probably want to download an Asio driver for your interface...I just use Asio4all. the out put is right there on each track...its the one that says master with left pointing arrow by it...if you dont see it click on the little icon with the arrows on it just above track 1

Try setting your audio on windows

Click on your sound administrator on windows and in the advanced settings choose one of the reproduction dispositives on it.

I solved the same problem doing that.

Back