No sound out of monitors when I want it.

Normally, there should only be a single audio interface (soundcard) used with a computer, and when using ASIO sound drivers for low latency audio I/O, there is an ASIO limitation that you can ONLY use one driver at a time with your DAW, the problem is that you're using two interfaces at the same time, the Windows OS is using the Yamaha, and Mixcraft is using the 11 rack, there are at least a few different options here...

1) Disconnect the Yamaha unit from the computer, then hook up your monitor speakers to the 11 rack's main outputs, then go to windows sounds and setup windows to use the 11 rack as it's default audio device.

2) Disconnect the 11 rack's USB connection to the computer, and hook up the 11 rack's main analog outputs to the Yamaha's stereo line inputs, then setup Mixcraft to use just the Yamaha for it's audio I/O (input/output).

3) Connect your nice monitor speakers to the 11 rack's main outputs, then use the 11 rack ASIO drivers as your only audio interface for Mixcraft, and get some less expensive speakers for the Yamaha and leave that setup for Windows to use for normal non recording purposes.

4) Leave the setup as it is, use the 11 rack with Mixcraft for recording with headphones, and when you are not actively recording go into Mixcraft's settings and change the audio I/O device to be the Yamaha for playback through your monitors.

Last edited:
Yup. Stryder is spot on. You have to channel everything through a single interface device with an ASIO driver.

Stryder offers one set of suggestions; another method might be to forget the Eleven Rack USB and feed from its amp out socket to the guitar input on the Yamaha Audiogram, making that your central interface for everything.

I suspected that.
The main out from the eleven rack to the yamaha, gives me a dry signal.
No effects.

I will try hooking the eleven rack's XLR's to the yamaha and see what happens.

I was expecting to hear, "buy an apple".

My roomie says this all the time. lol

Yup. Stryder is spot on. You have to channel everything through a single interface device with an ASIO driver.

Stryder offers one set of suggestions; another method might be to forget the Eleven Rack USB and feed from its amp out socket to the guitar input on the Yamaha Audiogram, making that your central interface for everything.
The 11 is not a guitar, and so doesn't need the hi-Z guitar input. It might work fine, but most times those inputs meant for guitar have less headroom than a line input to the same device. If the 11 has a master volume which doesn't change the tone in any way (ie, not simulating the Master V on the amp, but adjusting the already simulated sound) you can account for that, but it's not really best gain staging practice.

The XLR out should drive the mic in on the Yamaha just fine, but that will also depend on whether the mic pre will go down to unity. It should, but some don't. There is a "stereo input" on the Yamaha, but I can't find any specs (in about 10 secs of googling) on this thing at all, so don't know what the nominal level is there either.

Without more concrete info on that thing, you might as well try plugging into each of the holes and see which works best.

I noticed an output on the 11 labelled as being to feed to an amp so guessed it would be Hi-Z Instrument level, hopefully with all the effects. However, I have to admit that WAS a guess. As you say, trying out the various options is the work of moments so a bit of experimentation is probably the thing to do.

That's the guitar cable in. Iy only goes out through a USB to the computer.
I ordered a pair of XLR cables to connect it directly to the speakers.
Still can't play a sound file back through anything but the computer headphone jack.
Won't play back through the 11.
Only the DAW will.
Still need a experiment a bit when I get time in a couple days.

Back