no sound in cubase

royharper3220

I just got cubase se. I have an aardvark lx6. I'm able to record, but not listen back. It plays and cubases meters light up but no sound from the lx6. the vst output thing is set to the lx6, under bus 1. Ive used the lx6 with cool edit pro and didnt have any problems with playback sound. o yeah i also have a SB audigy 2 installed, it wont play through that either.

please help, thanks

well... if it's anything like cubase vst 5:
check the asio configuration under "options - audio setup - system" and make sure that it reads "disable audio" under "options - audio setup"...
in "system" make sure the output has an asio driver... otherwise, get an updated driver for your card...
in the asio configuration control, the box next to the desired output must be checked... make sure you run a test on the configuration...

that's about all i can think of for now...

thanks for replying, i made sure the check was next to each output. and the driver is updated. I dont think se has options audio setup all i can find is the asio set up and the full duplex setup.

If anyone is using an Aardvark successfully please tell what your SE audio setup is and what driver version you have.

If those are the only 2 drivers that are showing up, then you probably don't have the drivers installed properly. I don't use the ardvaark card , but there should be something like ASIO Aardvark, or ASIO LX6.

Maybe a reinstall of your card is in order ?

woot!
I'm pretty sure I've fixed it.I just screwed around with asio and full duplex settings, something about start input first and some full duplex settings and it is working. Thanks for the replies I'm sure i'll have more questions when i try and record midi.

Back