No sound coming out of monitors.

Thisnameistaken

So I rented a presonus firestudio project. I installed the drives and now the blue sync light is solid. I plugged my KRK rockit 6 monitors into the 2 main outs in the back. Volumes up, everything is on.....no sound. What am I missing?

I have windows 7. and I had to change the speakers to the presonus fire studio in the bottom right. my bad lol. So its all working good now, and sounds amazing. wow, I like these speakers. One thing though, when I pause songs the speakers crackle a little bit every time. Any idea why?

just vlc media player. It seems to be the only thing that causes the crackle, and it's only minor. It never did it with my other speakers though.

Your new monitors are going to be more accurate in reproducing little glitches like that. I am curious why you use a player like vlc? I would have issue myself with a third party player that made freaky noises. At least you have decent monitoring now! :D

Well, I just got this up and running. It's the only media player I have at the moment. I'm just renting the interface, it came with studio one? (I think, it's in the box but I don't wanna dig it out, ahah.) But I don't have a disc drive in my computer lawlz. What do you recommend for a good media player?

I don't have one to recommend actually. Never had a reason to use anything other than Windows media player. Though, I only use it to playback my mixes and MP3 Clinic stuff here. I suppose a description of what your direction and intentions, as well as your system specs and gear would be helpful now.

Back