No signal to Presonus Studio One

Spillenger

There is a ridiculously simple answer to this, but I'm not seeing it.

1. EQUIPMENT: Audio-Technica AT2020 mic to Mackie 402-VLZ3 mixer to Presonus Firebox sound card to Presonus Studio One DAW.

2. Everything goes from mic to mixer great: I can see the levels on the meter and the signal plays in my headphones plugged into the mixer.

3. Everything goes from the mixer to the Firebox great (I think): I can hear the signal coming through in my headphones plugged into the Firebox.

4. The Firebox is connected to the DAW (computer) via FW400. Studio One, set up for the Firebox, is not getting a signal.

5. All of which leads me to believe there’s something amiss in the connection between the Firebox and the computer (or in the input channel mapping of the software, which seems unlikely since both Firebox and Studio One are made by Presonus, and I have chosen a Firebox template for my project).

6. However, if I plug my mic directly into the Firebox, bypassing the mixer, Studio One gets a signal! Which leads me to believe there is a problem between the mixer and Firebox.

7. All my connections are by the book: Mic into mixer mic 1 input via XLR; mixer main outs to Firebox line ins; Firebox to computer via FW400. My Firebox Control Panel, such as it is, has playback set to channels 1/2; mixer output to Main.

8. What is tarnation is going on here?

Thank you.

PS

Paul Spillenger
Mac Pro, 2 x 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
12 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
OSX 10.7.2 (Lion)
Presonus Studio One 2 Artist
M-Audio Axiom Pro 49
Presonus Firebox
Mackie 402-VLZ3 mixer

Are there any different outputs you can use from the mixer? Does you mic need phantom power and perhaps is turned off on the mixer? Does your mixer stop sending through the main outputs if your headphones are plugged in? Are the tracks in Studio One correlating to the line inputs you are plugging the mixer into?

Back