No SB Live in Sonar??

RaZe the Gr8 1n

Does anyone know why Sonar won't recognize my SB Live card AND my SB 64 Gold card??? I can only get the 64 gold to work in sonar 1.0, NOT the live card. H E L P !!!!!

This is a guess, but I'm suspecting that you have MME drivers installed for one and WDM drivers for the other. Sonar does not allow you to mix and match driver types.

Try going into Options -> Audio -> Advanced and check off the box that says Always Use MME Interface. See if that gets you both cards.

If that don't work, c'mon back, I have some other ideas.

it should work cuz one of my folks is runnin sonar with the sound blaster live...not too familiar with sonar yet, so i can't really answer your question...but good luck...peace folks

You may have done this already, but...

make sure Windoze recognizes both cards. If they're fighting for the same IRQ, and the SBLive didn't load properly, that could be yer problem. If you're using Win2k, IRQ sharing is allowed and they both should load.
Also, try Options>Audio and try to make the SBlive your master playback and record clock. If it doesn't show up in the pulldown, go to Control Panel, because I'll bet you have a conflict.

Thanx dachay2tnr

I tried the MME settings in the options menu and it worked. Thanx for the tip. I JUST found this site the other day, so I guess it already served it's pupose. I'm just glad there's a site where real cats can help each other out on the music tip. Thanx for the help to all ya'll that replied. Holla at ya boy.

If anybody is using SB Live and SONAR in Win XP you may have noticed that the Wave Profiler in SONAR set itself up to access your SB Live card in mono. To fix this go into the Device Manager and update the drivers by "picking from a list". You will notice that there are 2 drivers listed there:

1) Creative SB Live! (WDM) creative
2) Creative SB Live! (WDM) microsoft

If your having the above problem, you'll find the # 1 driver highlighted. Highlight the # 2 driver and install it. Then reboot. Then go back into SONAR and re-run "Wave Proflier". That should fix the problem. It did on mine.

<><
George

George Parler said:
If anybody is using SB Live and SONAR in Win XP you may have noticed that the Wave Profiler in SONAR set itself up to access your SB Live card in mono. To fix this go into the Device Manager and update the drivers by "picking from a list". You will notice that there are 2 drivers listed there:

1) Creative SB Live! (WDM) creative
2) Creative SB Live! (WDM) microsoft

If your having the above problem, you'll find the # 1 driver highlighted. Highlight the # 2 driver and install it. Then reboot. Then go back into SONAR and re-run "Wave Proflier". That should fix the problem. It did on mine.

<><
George

Will this work in Win 2000 too?

Back