No playback in Cubase LE

kkendog21

Running Cubase LE on my PC. I record my guitar through a little two channel mixer and that goes to my computer via USB cable. Cubase is picking up everything, even shows the waves from the sound as I record. But when I go back to play it, no sound comes through my computer's speakers. I know this has something to do with the outputs, but all other forums are for Cubase 4 and 5. What should I do?!?!untitled-bmp.jpg

Disable your direct monitoring for the tracks you want to hear...it's that little yellow button beside the tiny red record button. That should be all it takes! :)

Also "Cubase LE" can possibly fall under Cubase 4 or 5...the LE just stands for limited edition (limited as in what it can do...not rare :D) so like I used to have Cubase LE 4.

I just did that, and now when I hit play, the signal jumps according to the recorded audio, but I still cant hear anything!

Got it to playback! But now, I cant get my signal to stop clipping and getting all distorted. I have everything on mix mixer off except power and phantom power, and everything in Cubase is as far down as it can be, but its still like I have everything turned all the way up!

Got it to playback! But now, I cant get my signal to stop clipping and getting all distorted. I have everything on mix mixer off except power and phantom power, and everything in Cubase is as far down as it can be, but its still like I have everything turned all the way up!

Hmmm don't know about the clicking, but it looks like you are tracking waaaaay hot, so that's probably where the distortion is coming from! What level are you tracking at?

I haven't any clue about your version of LE. The Devices menu is totally different.

I am awaiting it's return from a friend, but I could send you the LE5 install disk when I get it back. Where abouts are you?

Guitaristic, I thank you. I came across your post and can't believe that was all it was. I have been at the problem for about 3 hours and now feel pretty dumb. Thanks again.

If its clipping on the output and the output level for monitoring on your interface is turned down...the mixer in cubase has a slider up to high. That's happened to me before. Go to devices and pull up the mixer and make sure none of your channel or main volume levels are too high.
Hope that helps

Back