No place to be, new mix with suggested changes

moptop

Here's the new mix with the changes you good folks suggested. I reduced the spread on the drums and removed the reverb. I also fixed the eronious cymbal hits and changed the eq settings so they are not so brash sounding. Lowered the overall main vox level as well.

It sounds better to me but you all be the judge and let me know if this is an improvement or not. Thanks again for the help!

Dominick

Bright. Good mix. The cymbals are still a bit loud (at least the one on the right speaker). Nice guitar tones. Guitar on the left sounds nice, but loud. Good harmonies. Like the pad sound.
If I commented on the original, I don't remember, but then again, I'm old. Sounds pretty spanky there Dominick...:D
Love your voice BTW, very Sir Paul.

Good overall tune. As the previous posting stated, the cymbals are a bit heavy. To me this distracts from the song as it seems they are almost on an even level with the vocal. All in all I'd bring all of the drums down a tad. They sound like artificial drums, and the levels suck you right into listening to them instead of the song. If it was me, I'd do everything to somewhat hide the drums as opposed to showcasing them.

Here's the new mix with the changes you good folks suggested. I reduced the spread on the drums and removed the reverb. I also fixed the eronious cymbal hits and changed the eq settings so they are not so brash sounding. Lowered the overall main vox level as well.

It sounds better to me but you all be the judge and let me know if this is an improvement or not. Thanks again for the help!

Dominick

Nice stuff. I've heard different people compare your stuff to the Beatles, but your stuff sounds much more California to me.

You say you reduced the spread on the drums, but they still range over a lot of the stereo soundstage. I'd pull em in even more - I find the cymbal hits over on the right distracting, especially when the other side of the kit is panned way left.

The vocal sounds balanced.

Really nice tune.

Yeah, the panned cymbals are too wide and loud and the drums are too wide - the effect is like you were sitting among them (try with headphones) rather than in front of them. Other than that good song. I'd be tempted to add some lead guitar at the end.

The drums sounds really, really fake. But if you're going for an electronic/rock crossover, it shouldn't matter. The beat is repetitive as well. If you're going to have it be that monotonous, I'd definitely turn down the cymbal, which is very harsh at the moment. At 2:35 there is a different cymbal sound for a few seconds. Use that one or something closer to that instead.

Your guitar sounds and vocal are really great. The harmonies are nice as well.

Back