No more spending for one year.

Jim Lad

That's it.
Just spent $60 on Bagpipe software.
My last trivial purchase.
So no more spending CD Baby money until I can afford either one really good microphone or one really good preamp.
Given that good gear starts at $800, I'm guessing, it will take me a year or so.

Bagpipe software eh? I have written a VST that dramatically improves the sound of bagpipes, whether real, hardware synth, or softsynth. Just copy this file to your plugins directory:

Bagpipe VST

:D

Jim, was it this one ?

Either way, it's good discipline to only have what one intends to use and use it.

MsHilarious; how does your VST improve bagpipes and may I download it once I understand ?

Naw:
I started a thread on that one, if you remember. The one I bought has no Scottish or Irish pipes at all and it will take a lot of tinkering but I will use it one day.
http://www.soundbytes.de/index.php?vst-en
I paid 39 Euro.
Looking for suggestions though on Really good mic versus Really good preamp.

"No more spending for one year."

which brings to mind my favorite saying...

(clears throat)

"Tis easier to ask forgiveness than permission."

Naw:
I started a thread on that one, if you remember. The one I bought has no Scottish or Irish pipes at all and it will take a lot of tinkering but I will use it one day.
I paid 39 Euro.

You know, back in 2004, about a week after I'd turned on a computer on my own for the first time in my days of computer illiteracy {I'm sort of like a toddler now !}, I was going through websites looking for a sitar VSTi, having sold my actual one and I'm sure this is the site I came across. I downloaded the trial version {on dial-up, it took forever to download !} but I could never work out how to get the thing working !

A while back, I managed to write an Audio Unit plugin that provides similar functionality to MSH's VST if anyone's interested (or so I suspect - I can't actually run VST plugins with my current setup, but I'm pretty sure I've got it nailed).

With a bagpipe player in the house, it was inevitable.

Isn't the definition of a gentleman someone who can play bagpipes, but doesn't?:eek:

Or was that accordian...?

The definining bagpipe moment in rock music, incidentally, was AC/DC's It's A Long Way To The Top (If You Want To Rock 'm' Roll) back in the 70s...

Or, as it's now affenctionately known in the land of its birth - It's A Long Way To The Shop (If You Want A Sausage Roll)....

Poor Tony.
Between herself, her old self and the newly risen from the dead, it's three against one.
Thank God it's not in Canada.
I'd be climbing the walls. :D

All you needed was a cat?
I haven't seen that done since I was a wee boy.

Naw:
I paid 39 Euro.

€ 575 for a Neumann TLM 102, Jim. Best investment I've made this year. In Germany we have Music Store, where you can pay it off in rates in 6 months with 0% interest. I'm sure there must be something like that in Canada.
Oh, and don't be fooled by its size......;)

I am in the exact same place with the spending. I have to keep reminding myself I'm only making demos and you don't need a ton of stuff for that. I just love gear. I would love to get some bagpipe software as well.

Bagpipe software eh? I have written a VST that dramatically improves the sound of bagpipes, whether real, hardware synth, or softsynth. Just copy this file to your plugins directory:

Bagpipe VST

Well....... I am a sucker for free plug-ins, so I downloaded this bad boy. Although I had no bagpipe tracks to try it on, I can say that it improved the sound of much of my recorded material!

Back